Nameless

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nameless
Nameless
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye to all
PvP & TW EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:10 pm by Zabinzu

» Latest News and Update
PvP & TW EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 am by Zabinzu

» The (attempted) Return
PvP & TW EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:00 pm by Zabinzu

» Vacation
PvP & TW EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:17 am by MarTheDragon

» Quitting
PvP & TW EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am by Namununa

» coming back
PvP & TW EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:01 pm by MarTheDragon

» Final Exam
PvP & TW EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 am by Zigfried

» Twilight Temple Guide
PvP & TW EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:30 am by Ilualthar

» Welcome! :D
PvP & TW EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:05 pm by Ladyhawk

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

PvP & TW

4 posters

Go down

PvP & TW Empty PvP & TW

Post  Rena Sat May 08, 2010 8:07 pm

I have been asked many times about PvP. First off Player Versus Player or People Kill (PK) is just that. I usually don't suggest PvPing on PWI. I myself only PvP on the many Private Servers of PW. Now First off these Private Servers are not any part of PWI. The ones that own and run the Pservers was able to access the older files from when PWI was just out of Beta, as far as I do know. Plus on the Pservers money really isn't an object, and you level much faster then PWI. Quest isn't needed to lvl.

The Reason I don't PvP on PWI is the pure fact we all work hard and long for the items we do have and Guardian Scrolls can be expensive as well as the Charms.

On the other hand Territory Wars is Pking but much better lol. During TW (Territory Wars) you will be fighting another faction for a section of the map. In TW you have to be able to Take out the other factions Crystal. Once the Crystal is dead TW is over. Plain and simple Right?? ................. Wrong. In the process of getting to the other factions Crystal you will have to fight other players. Each time you die you will go back to your side Starting point ( can't remember what it's called for sure).

Best Lines of Defense for each class:

Facing Archer: Get up close to them. Stun so they can't run. Archers damage is maxed at distances, so closer you are the less damage they do.

Facing a Barbarian: Stun them often to run fast lol. They are a close combat class. Moving from them would be your only way to defend yourself. Besides it makes them mad and they leave ya alone. Best thing is don't give them time to use Armageddon. It hurts badly. Sad

Facing Venomancer: Depending on the pet they use and how they are built they can be painful. Most times it's easy to stun and run if all else fails. Just remember they're range magic and if they have a Pheonix it moves fast. If they're pure magic build then hit with melee or physical attacks. But if they're Heavy build they're magic defences are less, and Physical Defences are higher. So magic is best. Plus Barbarian Vs Venomancer is well Barbarian usually wins ( most the time).

Facing BladeMaster: Well BladeMasters are a pain in the neck to battle. The BM has many stunning attacks + AOE's. In my honest opinion stun them before they stun you.

Facing Wizard: Well only time I have even fought a Wiz I lost. They are Magic and usually hit hard and pretty fast. So I am not really sure what to do other then stand there and die like a man. lol

Facing Cleric: Cleric's are fast self healers, so stun and physical attack is best I would think. As long as they are unable to heal themselves you should be fine.

Psyics and Assassins: Not much I can say for them Never faced one in PK. Also still learning about their skills. Sorry

Well that is about all I could say for now on this subject. Please feel free to discuss this further. All Opinions are well welcome and needed for each of us to be able to battle each other more effectly.
Rena
Rena

Back to top Go down

PvP & TW Empty Re: PvP & TW

Post  MarTheDragon Sun May 09, 2010 6:45 am

strategy suggestion for wizard:
get up close and hit them with physical attacks. they have low phys def and i think if you are close enough they cant cast spells at you. so get close, stun so they cant run, and use phys attacks

strategy suggestion for psychics:
same as wiz except i think they can still cast close range and their cast time is faster

strategy suggestion for sins:
they have medium phys and mag def and they do lots of damage without phys def. if you have good phys def, then just attack them you dont have much to worry about they wont do much damage. if you have low phys def and/or high mag atk then STAY AWAY and try to stun and kill them from a distance.

also i have a question is there a limit as to how many people can participate in TW from each faction?
MarTheDragon
MarTheDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushtail Sun May 09, 2010 8:37 am

range has no effect if wizard can cast or not (except too far) which kind of makes them harder to deal with, range wise than archer (which get their damage halved at close range)

and i think it was 80 max/faction in TW
Bushtail
Bushtail

Back to top Go down

Post  Rena Tue May 11, 2010 8:18 am

Just remember guys this is only my opinion on the matter and I have only learned what I do on the Private servers. And on the private servers your facing higher lvls and better gears.

The Private Servers I Play are:

pwvendetta.com and mmodevastation.com

Both are and can be fun if you enjoy PvPing.

If you wanna know the differences from the private servers to PWI well that's another thread. Razz
Rena
Rena

Back to top Go down

Post  Veax Wed May 12, 2010 7:55 pm

nothing about TW..

Well, against the popular knowledge, im a huge TW fan and havent missed any in ages.

Heres a guide me and friend wrote on another page.

Cata Pullers - Barbs or high level tanks with mass hp and great mag/phys defenses. They will pull the cataults in their squads, usually 2 pullers in a cat squad ncase the main puller dies, the backup puller if not pulling a cata already will take over straight away and continue to pull the cata forward while the other puller heals/buffs itself and gets ready to take back over in the event of the backup puller dying.

Barbs - If not designated as a cat puller they are purely tanks in thier squad and will attempt to take aggro off everyone else as they can as they take a lot of time to kill. Your job in this case is to hit everything that comes close to your squad and basically annoy the enemy so they have no choice to attack you back.

Cleric - Buffing and heals ONLY! This class can atk in pve or pk but in TW is the lifeline of the squad and must be protected at ALL COSTS!!!! All clerics except Base buffers MUST remain in the air and inform their squad immediatly if they are being targeted. The cleric is the no.1 unit in our squads and it to be protected, without them you will always be banging your head and getting annoyed when you get ganked and no 1 is healing you wallbash.gif . When in a HQ it is best to stick up BB's for your squad as this will make a lot of difference and save having to worry about who to heal!!

Veno's - Easy job, Purge and amp the barbs and kill everything asap. Remember a purged cata puller is an easy target to take down and will stop them ever getting close to the cyrstal.

Archers - Do what you do best and DD the squishies, Main role is to take out the clerics and wiz's (Wiz's that are attacking the Cat pullers are your main concern) If you get chance barrage a big group of people!!!!!

Wizards - Again same as archers but this time your targets are the bm's, assassins and barbs. Your main concern after a veno has purged a cat puller is to nuke it, if your not attacking the cat pullers nuke the bm's so they cant stun everyone.

BladeMasters - Your role is to STUN and HF/nuke any advancing squads. When placed in a Cata squad your job is to stun any incoming forces and keep them off the CLERIC not the barb.

Assassins - Still not fully up to speed with this class but from what i can tell a nice DD class that will like an archer nuke things just in close combat. Also after talks with a few sins we will look into using them for their stealth abilties and maybe use for flanking and surprise assults, maybe if we even get a decent sin with nice armours we can use as a stealth cata puller. (if any sins would be kind enough to leave advice on what they do normally in TW underneath that would be very helpful)

Psychic's - Mage DD similar to wizards from what i have been told so far, again im not fully up to speed with this new class so we will endevour to find a great role for you in TW. For the time being you are to Assist in DD only and back up cleric support when needed in your squad.(you will not be expected to replace the cleric, just assist with heals if needed) Again if anybody has any advice or tips for this class please leave them below.

Ok so now some tips for each squad :-

Cata Squads - 1 or 2 barbs pulling catapults, under NO cicumstances do you stop moving. you MUST keep pushing till you reach a tower and then and ONLY then will you attack the tower. The cleric in this squad will stay in the AIR at all times and will only Heal the barb unless the squad needs healing BUT the BARB is your no. 1 priority heal. Bm's will move with the squad and STUN any incoming units and protect the CLERIC at all costs, if there are no incoming units assist attacking the Tower with the cata's. Veno's, wiz's, archers, sin's and psy's will DD any units that the bm stuns and will assist in keeping the cleric alive. Again you MUST NOT stop moving at any cost untill you reach a tower, DO NOT stop to 1v1 anybody and work as a TEAM to first remove their clerics and support classes! Another squad will have the role of supporting the cata squad and removing units for you.

Cata Support Squads - Will be mostly DD classes with 1 support cleric. Your role is simple - KILL anything that comes close to the cata squad. Defend the Cata squad at all costs and when there are no incoming units then and ONLY then you attack the tower which the cata squad is attacking, you MUST STOP attacking the tower as soon as any units start to come towards that cata squad.

Stun Squads - Will be a full squad of only bm's!!! Your role is simple, you will move around the map where needed and your only job will be to STUN. You WILL all be taliking to each other in VENT and your SQUAD LEADER will tell you when and where to STUN/ATTACK. This squad will need to have SPARK POTS and SPEED POTS as you WILL be running around the map ALOT to where ever your TW Commander requires your assistance, weather that is to help with BASE DEFENSE or to help CLEAR/STUN the path for a squad.

HQ Squad - This squad will be only 2 clerics and they will NOT under any circumstances leave OUR respawn point. you WILL buff EVERYONE as soon as they respawn. You do not need to be in vent so if vent is full or very busy pls do not use it.

Defense Squads - Your role will consist of guarding the CRYSTAL at all costs. If for whatever reason they push all of our defense squads back and set up a BB a BARB or other class with a CANCEL ABILTY will be ordered to nuke the cleric and all clerics will heal that unit while everyone else supports their advancement to remove the BB. Do NOT work on your own, SQUAD LEADERS pick your TARGETS and WORK as a TEAM and KILL them TOGETHER!
Veax
Veax

Back to top Go down

Post  Veax Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

TW 101

Bidding
Only a faction leader can bid.
The normal bidding time is from 7pm PST on Wednesday to 7pm PST on Thursday.
- If a bid occurs in the last 20 minutes 6:40 => 7pm PST bidding is extended 20minutes to 7:20pm PST.
- If a bid occurs between 7pm PST and 7:20pm PST the bidding time is extended to 7:40pm PST.
- Bidding can only extend to 7:40pm PST it will NOT extend further.
- The minimum allowed increase over another factions bid is 100k
Minimum Bids
o Minimum bid for a lvl3 land is 500k
o Minimum Bid for a lvl2 land is 1mil
o Minimum Bid for a lvl 1 land is 2mil

What Happens to Bid money
90% of the bid money is mailed to the winning faction’s leader.
If a bid fails the money is mailed back to the faction’s leader

Land choice
o Each faction can only attack a single land.
o If no territory is owned you can only attack a lvl 3 land.
o To attack a lvl 2 land you must own at least two lvl 3 lands.
o To attack a land if you own land it must be adjacent (touching)

Time Slots
- Time slots are randomly assigned at the end of Territory war bidding.
- There are 7 possible time slots over 3 days, each time slot can have up to 7 fights.
- Friday Evening (8-11pm PST)
- Saturday Morning (9am-12pm PST), Saturday Afternoon (2-5pm PST), Saturday Evening (8-11pm PST)
- Sunday Morning (9am-12pm PST), Sunday Afternoon (2-5pm PST), Sunday Evening (8-11pm PST)

- These time slots are prioritized; Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night, Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning.

- A faction’s Defense’s are arranged in groupings of 3 and put into the same time slot.

Buildings
-There are 4 types of buildings
- Bind Posts, Crsytals (HQ), Towers, and Resurrection Protection Towers

Bind Post
- If you bind to a bind post when you die and town portal you can use the teleport in your base to teleport to where you bound.
- You need to rebind after teleporting.
- These can be destroyed.

Bind Post:PvP & TW BindPillar
Teleport Inside Base: PvP & TW TWteleport
Towers
- There are a total of 14 towers each side can build.
- Once a tower is destroyed it is destroyed for the length of that Territory War.
- Tower’s cost 100k each to build regardless of which option you select.
- There are 3 types of towers available: Rapid Fire, Binding, and Burst.

Tower stats while being built
Hp: 250k
P Def: 0
M Def: 0
Build Time: 30seconds

All Tower Stats when built
HP: 5mil
P def: 100k
M def: 100k
Attack Range: 30 meters
Full Hp regn in 20seconds

The different tower attacks
(Option 1) Arrow Tower: Dmg = target lvl *10 attack rate is 1.5seconds
(Option 2) Binding Tower: Dmg = target lvl *10 attack rate is 6seconds a hit binds the target for 4seconds; 5m AoE
(Option 3) Burst Tower: Dmg = target lvl *10 attack rate is 3seconds; 5m AoE

Crystals
HP: 12mil
P def: 100k
M def: 100k
Full HP regn in 2hours

Resurrection Protection Towers
-Located next to where the enemy resurrects.
- Invincible
- attack range is 40m and does 60% of max Hp attack rate is 3seconds
- Do not need to be built
TW map with Tower Locations: PvP & TW TowerLocations
Catapults
- Catapult scrolls cost 20k each.
- A Catapult scroll is needed to gain control of a catapult (pull it); takes 5 seconds
- Once you have control a colored box will appear it will change from; Green, Yellow, Orange, Red indicating how close within the control range you are.
- If you leave the control range the catapult starts to self-destruct; if the catapult puller dies the catapult starts to self-destruct
- You can only control 1 catapult at a time
-Catapults will attack tower’s first and then other buildings (Bind posts and the crystal)
- You cannot choose a target for the catapult; if you are moving the catapult will not attack.
- A catapult does 100k Dmg and has a 3second attack rate.

Catapult amounts
- The defender always has 4 catapults.
- The attacker has 4 catapults in a lvl 3 territory
-The attacker has 6 catapults in a lvl 2 territory
- The attacker has 8 catapults in a lvl 1 territory

Entering TW
- Only 80 people are allowed into the TW from each faction
- You must have been in the faction 100hrs before you can TW
- You enter TW by talking to a Teleport Master and clicking on “Enter Instance” then the territory war you wish to enter.
- Available territories for you to enter appear colored
- Defenders are Red Attackers are Blue

TW tidbits

0) Bind to a binding point tower unless you are a barb who is pulling a catapult

1) Town port when you die

2) Assist attack your squad leader

3) BM's your stun should always be recharging it is your greatest TW tool (stun and run)

4) if you need chi hit the teleport/binding towers.

5) when you setup to defend the towers 1/3 of the way down the middle path bind to that post so you respawn there.

6) Yes charms work in TW; no you will not lose exp or drop items on death.

7) You can fly in TW.

8)Have Fun, I mean it this is a game and while we take it seriously this should be fun and funny too.
Veax
Veax

Back to top Go down

Post  Rena Wed May 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Great Guide V and it's good to hear from you again. hehe I will be reading this over and over again. I am sure the pointers will help me with my pking obsession on Vendetta.
Rena
Rena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum