Nameless

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nameless
Nameless
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye to all
Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:10 pm by Zabinzu

» Latest News and Update
Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 am by Zabinzu

» The (attempted) Return
Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:00 pm by Zabinzu

» Vacation
Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:17 am by MarTheDragon

» Quitting
Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am by Namununa

» coming back
Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:01 pm by MarTheDragon

» Final Exam
Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 am by Zigfried

» Twilight Temple Guide
Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:30 am by Ilualthar

» Welcome! :D
Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:05 pm by Ladyhawk

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide)

Go down

Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide) Empty Bosses - BH29 - BH79 (cleric guide)

Post  Ilualthar Fri May 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi. This is a simple guide for the low hp clerics out there. I know i needed some help with this and I hope it may help someone else after me.

I. How to tank physical attacks:

First thing is clerics will get hit by physical AOEs. If it can't be avoided this is how i made it through. I used plume shell which lasts about 20 seconds and has 30 seconds cooldown so for 10 seconds you are plume-less. The trick i used was to IH me just before plume shell goes down. 2-3 IH should be enaugh (IH heals over 15 seconds so u are covered for the duration of plume shell's cooldown).

I am a full mag cleric with very little hp, so if i could survive using this strategy on Wyvern then everyone can. Granted it is a bit of work, but staying alive is worth it Smile

II. How to keep max range
There is one simple fact that may help you waste less mp / repair bills. Always try to stay on the line that the boss and tank make as far as possible as to still be able to heal the tank. Granted, this depends a lot on the tank. if he turns the boss you will loose about 2-3 meters from your range which may be quite bad (see Wyvern).

Now for the difficult BH bosses here goes:

Farren (BH39):
* You CAN heal from outside AOE range. Just keep max range. No purify needed, also pretty low damage to tanks so you dont need to heal very much.

Rankar (BH51):
* Rankar has 2 AOEs. Close range (physical) and huge range magical. The magical AOE is very easy to tank, so you just AOE heal now and then and all should be ok. The physical AOE will 1-hit kill most robes so be VERY carefull not to get too close to Rankar.
* If the tank is positioning rankar do NOT heal. He will physical aoe and will kill whatever robes happen to be near by.
* Rankar does quite a bit of damage to tanks so ask melee fighters (not tank) to fall back if their health gets too low.
* Do not use BB on Rankar. His magical AOE will stop it with pretty bad consequences, since BB will take you in the physical AOE range he may also 1-shot you, and leave your tank without stacked IH and no healing.

Wyvern (BH51):
* Wyvern may be a tough nut to crack if you don't plan a bit ahead. He does not hit tank very hard but he does have a curse (increase damage taken) that stacks. So unless you do BB here, you will need to purify and heal him.
* He has a pretty big range physical AOE. What you need to know is that purify level 6 is outside the AOE range, so you don't get harmed by it. You can survive it using the tanking strategy, but it is pretty hard and if you also have to heal party members it gets quite risky.
* If you want to stay outside AOE range don't let the tank turn Wyvern, since you will lose about 2-3 meters if he does that and he will AOE you and your team members to pieces. Turning Wyvern used to prevent him from using his AOE, but this has been fixed in a patch so it is quite useless now.
* Melee fighters (not tanks) that can't heal themselves should try to stay a bit far from Wyvern. He does not hit them hard but you really can't heal a bunch of them.
* You can BB on wyvern (especially if you have lots of melee players) but you must make shure that the barbarian can tank the damage + the curse. If he has low hp, or seems a bit fail don't use BB.

Zimo, Ofotis, Qianji (BH59)
The bosses do magical dmg when ranged and physical up close. Can be tanked by any decent robe.

Drake, Gluttonix (BH59)
The bosses do magical DOTs when ranged and physical up close. Purify a lot, heal and everyone should be ok.

Pyro (BH69)
Does magic on distance and physical up close. The magic attack is pretty powerfull but nothing to worry about.

Gaurnob (BH69)
He has a high range magical (water) AOE and a mid range STRONG physical AOE. Also has a curse that can be very troublesome if left unpurified. There are 2 tricks to this boss. First you need to make the tank stand between the boss and you (make the boss face you, or if the tank is a barbarian have his tail point at you). Second trick is fast purify (read more about it on pole). You MUST use max range to heal and purify and both must be level 10.

Polearm (BH69)
He only has a high range magical (water) AOE and a small range physical AOE (will 1-shot most robes, so stay a bit far from him). The problem with this boss is that he has a physical and magical debuff that needs to be purified VERY fast (tank will go down in about 2-3 hits if you don't purify).
In order to purify fast you need to begin purify when you see the casting circle. I usualy do purify > 3xIH .. wait for casting circle > purify ... You will purify even if not needed, so the purify is really fast and he does not get to hit the tank with the debuff on. With fast purifies you can easily solo heal a BM on pole.

Ilualthar

Back to top Go down