Nameless

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nameless
Nameless
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye to all
Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:10 pm by Zabinzu

» Latest News and Update
Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 am by Zabinzu

» The (attempted) Return
Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:00 pm by Zabinzu

» Vacation
Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:17 am by MarTheDragon

» Quitting
Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am by Namununa

» coming back
Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:01 pm by MarTheDragon

» Final Exam
Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 am by Zigfried

» Twilight Temple Guide
Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:30 am by Ilualthar

» Welcome! :D
Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:05 pm by Ladyhawk

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide)

3 posters

Go down

Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) Empty Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide)

Post  Ilualthar Fri May 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Boss information:
* His damage is relatively low, but has a incredibly nasty debuff. It took my barbarian's defence from 9.5k to 260. When he hits with the debuff on he hits about 4500 dmg / hit. Usualy he is quite nice and hits around 1k.
* He has a pretty nasty AOE (I think it is physical) so all robes should keep as much range as possible. He will not 1-shot you probably but since clerics will be busy keeping the tank alive you will have to take care of yourself.
* During the fight he may start moving randomly in a direction.

Party requirements:
* 2 clerics
* 1 good tank
* some DDs (so the cleric does not run out of chi from purifying)
* every time I did this there was a high level cleric (95+) healing, so I don't really know what level the cleric is required to have.

Strategy (tried and worked):
* 1 cleric keep healing (IH) - the higher level cleric should always heal (higher mag, powerfull heals)
* 1 cleric keep purifying. It is vital that you purify extremely fast. My barbarian can take 2 hits while debuffed but not 3. so speed is of the essence.
* clerics must pay attention to their range if Krimson moves they should be able to heal the tank but not get in AOE range.
* The barbarian must follow krimson slowly so he does not get out of heal / purify range and allows the clerics to reposition.

Strategy (alternatives):
The problem is if Krimson moves he may take the tank outside of purify range which may get the tank killed. to avoid this you can:
* place the healers on each side of the tank and tell them to switch roles if Krimson moves (never tryed)
* attack Krimson at the edge of his walking path so he can only go in one direction (this is the way we did it, around the place where the anthracite spawns).
* tell the tank not to follow Krimson even if he moves (DDs should stop attack at this point so they don't take agro)
* HP charm

Myths:
* You need a level 90 tank for Krimson. I did it with a lvl 65 barbarian with around 9k hp. True not on the first try since someone was late purifying me so its a bit risky but totally doable.

Last edited by Ilualthar on Wed May 26, 2010 6:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Ilualthar

Back to top Go down

Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) Empty Re: Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide)

Post  HuliMan Wed May 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Well done guide. Back in the early days of the server, I did Krimson with 2 lvl 60 clerics and a level 65 barb. I believe the barb was charmed. Like you mentioned, Krimson does not hit hard, so the clerics do not have to be high level. They do need to be quick to purify and be able to stay out of Krimson's AOE.
HuliMan
HuliMan

Back to top Go down

Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide) Empty Re: Bosses - Krimson (cleric and barbarian guide)

Post  Rena Wed May 12, 2010 11:28 pm

I am with you on that Huli, a lvl 65+ barb could tank Krimson with 2 clerics. I would sugegest one spam heals and one Purifies. and switch often if they can. all depends really. Now the lvl of the cleric is debatable. I know that with mine the purify isn't very high lvled yet so her purify sucks during Krimson fights. I think I should lvl that skill soon hehe. but lets say you have a lvl 65 cleric and a lvl 75 cleric, but the lvl 65 cleric's purify's is higher lvled then the 75 well then the 65 should purify while the 75 heals. Just my thoughts.
Rena
Rena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down